What is Gratitude?
How do I Practice Gratitude? – 7 Steps
- Take a deep breath – It really can be as simple as breathing. Life can be stressful and there can be a lot going on – but if you can remember to breathe, you can get through anything. Breathing is a reminder that we’re still alive. It’s also a reminder that life is a gift.
- Sometimes you just need to let go – It’s okay to stop what you’re doing and walk away. This active form of letting go can allow you to transition into a space of ease. In this space of ease, you can put on your gratitude glasses and think clearly.
- Say what you’re grateful for before each meal – Cam and I practice this every day. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, it can be as simple as being grateful for the meal itself!
- Say thank you to people that have a made a difference for you – whether it’s the barista who handcrafted your cappuccino with love or your friend for always being there to support you. Tell that person. It not only helps you feel good – but it can change someone’s life.
- Before you go to bed, think of one thing that you’re grateful for – Again this can be as simple as having a bed to sleep on. Studies show that thinking positive thoughts before going to bed can actually re-wire your brain.
- You can be grateful even without sharing it with others. You can simply say your gratitudes internally. This is equally as powerful as expressing them out loud.
- Practicing Affirmations – This is really powerful. It is the ultimate way to re-wire your brain and expand your consciousness. By speaking words that you’re intentionally aware of, you begin to see yourself and your life in a whole new way. Keep on reading as I share some of my favorite affirmations that have changed my life.
How Can Gratitude Make Me Richer?
4 Daily Affirmations to Make You Richer
- You can actually make more money.
- When you’re grateful for what you have, you can attract more. That also includes money. Rather than focusing on how little you have, try focusing on how MUCH you have. This will create ease and a relaxed attitude around this situation. More abundance will come flowing into your life through ways that you cannot even imagine!
Affirm: “Money flows in and out like the air I breathe”
- Your quality of relationships will improve. With other people, and yourself.
- When you’re grateful for people, and I mean genuinely grateful to have them in your life, they tend to stick around. They feel valued, appreciated and find joy in connecting with you. This could be a relationship with your spouse, your friends, your parents, your boss and even yourself. That’s right – being grateful for who you are, and your own journey is the first step in having rich relationships with others all around you.
Affirm: “My life is filled with boundless love!”
- Your happiness will soar.
- Being grateful actually makes you happier. Everything in life is like a roller coaster, and you can’t really can’t control it. The only thing you can take charge of is your outlook and the way you choose to feel. When you choose to feel good, you release hormones like dopamine and serotonin. With practice, your brain actually begins to change and happiness becomes easier to attain!
Affirm: “I am overflowing with happiness, joy and satisfaction.”
- You will have more energy and improve your health.
- There are incredible studies that actually show that gratitude can heal disease. You read that correctly. Having a positive mainframe, and being grateful for life can actually help you heal your body.
- Everything in our body is connected – even emotions. When we experience negative emotions, we feel stressed and irritated which triggers certain hormonal responses. When we connect with the positive things in life, we begin to release hormones that cause us to feel relaxed and at ease. The long term benefits? A healthy body, mind, heart, and soul!